Giving Your Pet A Proper Adoption
There is a severe overpopulation of cats and dogs roaming the streets all over the world. Some animals that are not getting proper care and are being abused by their owners tend to escape from their mistreated homes and tend to wander off on their own.
Because of this situation, there are now lots of domesticated animals that are caught and placed on animal shelters or dog pounds, just waiting for someone to adopt them. However, there are lots of municipal shelters that can no longer adopt this great number of abused or abandoned pets, so they just kill them.
In general, pets are great companions and friends. Like the dogs, they are very loyal and friendly and can be used to safeguard our homes. They can act as our friends and can provide us with lots of entertainment and love.
On the other hand, we have our feline friends. Cats are not so demanding. All you have to give them is a clean litter box; a little affection and they will be satisfied. And in return, these pets will give their loyalty and companionship to you.
Some pet owners don’t really abuse their pets; they give their pets away because they love them too much. The reason why pet owners sometimes have to give away their pets is that they are afraid that they could not provide the best care for them. The owner of the pet will look for the right person that will adopt their pet and leave them in good hands. They sometimes go to their relatives and friends and ask for help.
If the owners cannot find a suitable person to adopt their pet, there are institutions and organizations that are established to adopt pets that has strictly no killing policies.
Here are some of the several pet shelters here you can entrust your pets.
1. The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons (ARF) – you can find this in the East Hampton Pine Barrens. They rescue those pets that cannot be taken cared of by the owners. The goal of the ARF is to lessen the number of pets that do not have shelters or homes. They provide a sufficient amount of food and a good shelter as well as medical care..
2. Bide-a-Wee – this has three shelters that can be found in Wantagh, Westhampton and Manhattan. They keep animals in their shelter, until they can find a new home. You can take your per here if you do not want them anymore. They got a big area where the pets can roam a round. As a matter of fact, Bide-a-Wee has two pet memorials, just goes to show how much they love animals.
3. Grateful Paws Cat Adoption Center – they rescue the cats from the Town of Huntington Animal Shelter. From here, the cats are being brought to the Grateful Paws Adoption Center. So if you are planning to give your pet to them, you must bring it first to the Town of Huntington Animal Shelter so that it will reach the Grateful Paws Adoption Center.
4. Kent Animal Shelter – they never kill pets, as much as possible, they want all pets to be healthy. They give protection to those pets that are abandoned, abused and homeless.
5. Little Shelter Animal Rescue and Rescue Center – They provide shelter and care for all pets. Keeping them in their folds until a new owner can be found.
Just a few reminders, before bringing your pets to the shelters mentioned above, make sure that you contact them first so that you will know if your pet can be accommodated or not and there are certain procedures that needs to be followed, so you can inquire about those procedures at the same time.